Wednesday, March 15, 2017

IDEAS IDEAS IDEAS


Hello everyone! How are you doing? *crickets* Well I’m doing great because Daniel and I discussed SO INCREDIBLY MUCH in class on Tuesday and I’m very excited to spend more time developing our project!  We planned a very simple draft for our plot, and we will go much more in depth with time. Of course we won’t use everything we plan due to the fact that our project is only a two minute introduction, but we think it is necessary to have a general understanding of the film as a whole in order for the film intro to not feel as if it is separate from the rest of the hypothetical film (we want it to flow well).


While planning on Tuesday we came up with a multitude of ideas as to what story our film could follow, one of them being that our protagonist falls in love with both sides of a relationship. In order to avoid confusion, I will give the characters temporary names. Jasmin (protagonist) would be long-time best friends with John and Alexa who have recently begun to date. The issue would be that Jasmine, who is bisexual, has a crush on both of them. This plot easily opens up opportunities to explore the subject of polyamory.


However, Daniel brought up a very interesting point which I had not considered. There is a strong stigma about those who are bisexual being “greedy.” In the article “I'm not greedy, confused, or seeking attention: I'm bisexual” the author states,There are as many different types of desire and love as there are people. Everyone feels and wants different things. There is no such thing as "greedy" when it comes to sexuality.” and, when talking about his own experience with his bi-sexuality, “In fact when it comes to me I find it very hard to hold down a relationship with either a man or a woman as often people find it hard to believe I can be in love with just them and not be looking for someone else to quench my insatiable lust.” Although this stigma is false, nonetheless we decided to stray away from that particular plot.


We then thought of another idea, with a somewhat similar concept. I had actually thought of the idea from an experience which I had went through with two of my old friends, which has made me even more passionate the plot. We officially decided that this idea would be what our introduction will be based on.


More after the commercial break! I apologize for the suspense, but Daniel and I still have some loose ends to tie up before revealing the entire plot.


Until next post,

Nicole Abuid

Scott, Spencer. R. (2015, Sept 29). Bisexual? That's Just Greedy. https://medium.com/@spencerrscott/bisexual-that-s-just-greedy-4da231838199#.webml7jj7

Firthsen, J. (2015, July 9). I'm not greedy, confused, or seeking attention: I'm bisexual. orhttp://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/im-not-greedy-confused-or-seeking-attention-im-bisexual-10378268.html

Veaux, F. (2015, August 25). What, like, two girlfriends? https://www.morethantwo.com/polyamory.html



No comments:

Post a Comment