Monday, April 10, 2017

EDITING?!?

     Hello everyone! The entirety of my Saturday was spent editing. Or should I say, half of my Saturday was spent editing while the other half consisted of me trying to fix my glitchy computer which kept shutting down on me and even erasing my project file! 

Flashback to Thursday 4/6- Nicole, yelling at her computer as premiere pro decides to completely look the other way and say it cannot locate the media that is oh-so-clearly on my desktop. 

Flashback to Friday 4/7- Nicole, figuring out why the files do not have audio, screaming at her computer yet again for dooming her yet again

Flashback to Saturday morning 4/8- Nicole, finally fixes and redoes the gun scene

Saturday afternoon- Nicole, writhing in pain as premiere pro shuts down, losing her project file

Saturday night- Nicole finds an earlier autosave of the project, completes the last finishing touches with daniel and exports

     Daniel and I worked to edit together on Saturday night through a software called TeamViewer where it allows you to share your screen with another person. We struggled to fix some continuity errors which we did not realize would be a problem while we were storyboarding (such as Jasmin standing in one shot, then kneeling in the next). We also struggled with the differing audio levels because we used different devices and/or recorded them at different times, such as a voiceover. However, we soon found a solution to the continuity errors and fixed the audio the best that we could with what we had (there is no easy solution in post-production unless we were to use adobe audition, and we did not have the time to begin to even mess with it). 

     Editing would've gone a lot smoother if there were not so many issues with the conversion of our files and the glitchiness of my computer- but we couldn't control this. If my previous issues with my Dell computer haven't convinced me before, after this experience I am team Mac. I actually ended up going to the apple store and found out that a Macbook Pro is great for editing. But I digress. Daniel and I are completely finished with the video itself and WOW is it relieving. It was an incredibly long and hard process- I can't even begin to estimate how much time we put into this project, but definitely over 50 hours. It's amazing what you can accomplish with so much planning and so much effort put into it. I do have to say I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't come out as perfect as I imagined it, but that's why this is a learning process! I definitely learned more than I ever thought I would while creating this project, and I can't wait to learn more. 

Until next post, 
Nicole Abuid.

Adobe Audition CC. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.adobe.com/products/audition.html

MacBook Pro. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/?afid=p238%7Cs0vC2LySe-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_172123740631_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-mac--slid--product-

Download TeamViewer. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/


No comments:

Post a Comment